This is always a difficult decision for families. You love and want to take care of all the needs of your loved one but when someone needs assistance with eating, dressing, bathing, etc it can become very overwhelming to do without help. If your loved one starts to have any of these issues – please give us a call to see how we can help.
- More intimate care and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Becoming more isolated, not leaving the house or letting others into the house.
- Not eating correctly. People with dementia can forget to eat and it is very common for them o forget they have already eaten. Weight gain I common early in the disease.
- Not taking medication correctly – this could be life threatening.
- Elopement risk – living in a rural area it is very scary when someone leave the house and the family is not aware. The person has a destination in mind but the location may be from their childhood or when they were working. It is not uncommon that some people with memory will drive for hours looking for something familiar and not stop until they run out of gas, possibly in another state.